Jay M. Tyndall
A T T O R N E Y A T L A W
Kitahama Law Office, Osaka, Japan - Foreign Law Advisor; Drafted and/or negotiated contracts for joint ventures, manufacturing arrangements, import/export, distributorships, and technology licensing/transfer. Generated advice for clients of firm regarding international transactions and business relationships. Assisted with handling of various international litigation and real estate matters. 1994-1996
Intellectual Property and Technology
- Drafted and revised (in the course of negotiation) joint venture and technical assistance agreements required for Thai joint venture of client casting silicate manufacturer.
- Drafted joint venture agreement for start-up of Thai biotechnology joint venture company.
- Assisted in negotiation and revision of international janitorial service franchise contracts of American franchisor on behalf of client franchisee office building supply company.
- Drafted Korean distributorship agreement for Japanese fashion product merchandiser.
- Drafted worldwide product trial and non-disclosure agreement for small displacement internal combustion engine manufacturer.
- Drafted standard form of agreement supply contract for use with component suppliers by client currency recognition technology manufacturer.
- In U.S. state litigation on misappropriation (by U.S.-hired sales agent) of trade secrets and company assets from American subsidiary of client electronics manufacturer, assisted with litigation management and prepared client-proposed settlement agreement and enforcement-related security agreement.
- Assisted with initiation of litigation by client real estate development company (property owner) against tenants of San Diego Metro area commercial office space property.
- Reviewed periodic litigation status reports prepared for client American insurer in large-scale Japanese products liability litigation.
- Assessed legal status of "caveated" Australian commercial development property of Japanese real estate development company.
- Assessed hotel management arrangement of Japanese real estate development company for "self-dealing" issues.
- Assisted with initiation of litigation by client real estate development company against tenants of commercial office space property owned by client.
- Sought force majeure related severance for client construction company of uncompleted portion of golf course construction contract with well-known American golf course developer.
- With firm acting in role of bankruptcy trustee, drafted purchase and sale agreement for Beverly Hills condominium of American subsidiary of Japanese industrial company undergoing reorganization.
The mention of any organization or individual in a file within the "Listing of Experience and Qualifications" portion of this site does not indicate the existence of a professional, commercial, academic, membership, or other affiliation of the author, Jay M. Tyndall, beyond the dates or outside the capacity specified in that file.